Friday, September 4, 2026

Marry Me Chickpeas with Greek Yogurt

Here is the original recipe I used: Greek Yogurt Marry Me Chickpeas

Here is what I normally do:

Ingredients:

  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 1 medium onion
  • 2 T. tomato paste
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
  • 2 cans chickpeas
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. black pepper
  • 2-3 c. vegetable or chicken broth
  • 1/2 tsp. oregano
  • 2 c. rotisserie chicken or 1 beef smoked sausage
  • 1/2 c. sundried tomatoes
  • 3. spinach
  • 1/2 - 1 c. parmesan
  • 1/2 - 3/4 c. Greek yogurt



1. Heat 2 T. olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add one finely diced onion and cook for about 3 minutes until it looks soft and clear. Stir in 2 T. tomato paste, 1 tsp. minced garlic, and 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes. Stir for 1 minute to mix together and cook the paste a little.

2. Add 2 cans of drained chickpeas, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/8 tsp. black pepper to the pan. Give everything a good stir so the chickpeas are fully coated in the tomato mixture. Pour in 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth and 1/2 tsp. oregano. Let the liquid come to a gentle simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes. I also throw in 2 c. rotisserie chicken shredded or 1 beef smoked sausage cut in half-moons. If I throw in chicken I up the broth to 3 cups because it soaks it up.

3. Add 1/2 c. sliced sun-dried tomatoes and 3 c. baby spinach to the skillet. Gently fold the leaves into the hot liquid for about 1 or 2 minutes.

4. Turn the heat completely off and move the skillet to a cool burner. Stir in the 1/2 c. to 1 c. grated parmesan until fully melted, then gently fold in 1/2 c. Greek yogurt. If I added more broth, I will add more Greek yogurt as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment